Farah Khan-Ali – Jewellery Designer, Gemologist
Farah Khan started her foray in jewellery design when she took up a course in Gemology at the renowned Gemological Institute of America in Santa Monica, California in 1992.
Launched her own jewellery brand “Farah Khan” in 2004 and designed jewellery for some of the top Bollywood stars and people from India’s foremost business families.
With 20 years of focus and experience in this field, she still feels like a creatively inclined soul who happened to come into jewellery designing by chance, only to discover that she was born for it.
“When I play with precious gemstones, it’s like creating an object of beauty and desire, one that outlives its wearer and brings a sea of memories with it when it is handed down the generation.”
- Participated in Swarovski’s 5th anniversary celebration for Runway Rocks showcased in Mumbai and London in 2008.
- Showcased her designs at the 10th anniversary celebration of IIFA (Indian International Film Festival) awards in Macau with more than 10 Bollywood personalities wear her jewellery on the Green Carpet.
- Hollywood celebrity stylist Michael O’Connor selected Farah Khan amongst 12 international designers for her jewellery on the red carpet at the Emmy Award held in LA in August 2010.
- Awarded the best Jewellery Designer Award by the Lions Gold club in January 2010
- DNA award for society’s most stylish swan
Farah Khan – “My designs are flamboyant, ornate and adventurous. I believe that jewelry should make you feel like a princess when you wear it. No matter how big or small the piece of jewelry is, it should stand out and make the wearer feel special.”